2-Layer Collection: Labyrinth Inside the Labyrinth
- Level: II-09
- Moves: 38
- Official speedsolving record: 8.07 sec
Achieved by Chris Tran (USA) at the Smart Egg Competition, July 31-August 2, 2015 at the Rubik’s Cube U.S. Nationals, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA
3 different puzzles: look the same from the outside, different labyrinths inside
- Components: the Egg and the wand
- Structure: built of 2 moveable labyrinth layers, each having their own entrance and exit points; these together are the complex labyrinth of the Egg
- Concept: solving the Egg means entering both labyrinths simultaneously, finding the way through each and exiting them simultaneously
DO NOT FORCE, LET IT FLOW!
Find the way and it will flow like water.
- Insert the wand in the labyrinth at the top of the Egg.
- Drive the wand through the Egg using the paths and holes.
- Advance in the labyrinth not only by moving, pushing or pulling the wand, but also by moving the inner labyrinth layer – rotating, pushing and pulling it.
- Solve the Egg by pulling out the wand at the bottom.
Once the wand inserted into both labyrinths, you’ll be able to pull the wand out only at the endpoints: top or bottom of the Egg.
- Never force the wand, it will move easily through the correct path.